Urgent Call for Action Regarding Discrimination Against Persons with Disabilities at Federal Medical Centre Bida

Nurse Aisha

President, Kogi Central Person's with Disabilities Association Comr. Yakubu Nazir Abdulhakeem on behalf of the Kogi Central Person's with Disabilities Association strongly condemn the recent discriminatory action taken by the management of Federal Medical Centre Bida against Nurse Aishat Aminu due to her low vision caused by Retinitis pigmentosa. 

This act according to him not only violates her rights but also reflects a broader issue of discrimination against the disabled community in Nigeria, which demands urgent attention and condemnation from all concerned citizens.

"I urge the Executive Secretary of the National Commission for Persons with Disability, Hon. James David Lalu, the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Disability Matters, Hon. Mohammed Abba Isa, as well as organizations like Advocacy for Women with Disabilities Initiative (AWWDI) and the Network of Women with Disabilities to intervene and ensure that Aishat Aminu is reinstated to her rightfully earned position. This case is not just about her; it represents a larger battle for inclusivity and equality for all individuals with disabilities"

"Your prompt action and support in this matter are greatly appreciated as we work together towards a more inclusive and just society for all".

In a related development, Aisha wrote her ordeals widely shared on social media. 

Nurse Aisha; 
"I did my interview With the Federal Medical Center Bida and I passed Greatly, Nobody Asked me for medical fitness, until after 2 months of employment, The management called Me to bring my Original credentials but in the process,One of the officials Secretly Removed  my Appointment Letter Without My knowledge. 
Am Not Blind,I only Have Short Sight Defect.

Alot Of medicals Experts/Doctors are also faced with so many Medical Conditions yet they are still in service But they decided to Terminate my appointment Because am a daughter of Nobody. 

Am Very optimistic To Discharge my Duty and to Serve The Public Delegently.

All I need is justice.

I Spent several years In the Nursing College Bida,I faced Many Challanges,so many sleepless Nights yet I graduated with Good Grades and I can't Seem to Enjoy the Fruit of my Hardwork.

Please Share And Let The Whole world Hear Me.
I believe am your Sister and Your Daughter please Fight for me just like your own Blood,
Am Gradually Loosing it Inside me.
Don't let me Die In Silence.
Support Me
I Need My JoB BACK" She cried. 

This News Credit By DE Dollarman, confirmed,edited and published by Inclusive Reporters. 

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post